Fall is decidedly my favorite season, and not just because my birthday is in autumn. I love everything from the cooler weather, the leaves are in full color, all things pumpkin, and wearing hoodies, and lets not forget football season. Fall also gives me the cooking/baking bug. A lot of my favorite squashes are in season as well as apples. I recently discovered this fabulous recipe from Live Simply using sweet potatoes and apples, and if you’re really daring you can add pecans.
Don’t forget to sign-up for the ebook giveaway, along with 11 other great books, you can win a copy of my latest book, Atonement–which happens to take place in the fall. The Raffelcopter link follows the recipe. Good luck!
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chopped apples
- 2 TB pastured butter, cubed
- 2 TB raw raw honey
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 400º.
- Add the apples and sweet potatoes to a baking dish. Top with honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pinch of salt. Toss the ingredients together. Add the cubed butter to the top of the mixture.
- Cover with foil or a foil alternative and bake for 25 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
- Serve Warm.